Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Reaction - Trip to the Moon

     If I were present during the first screening of the film “Trip to the Moon”, excitement is my word for the start and amazing is for the end. Most films at that time were not colored unlike this one so I would really be excited to watch this film if I were living at that period of time. On the other hand, I would be really amazed because of the advancement in science and technology. Comparing it on our today’s perceptions may put it as a junk. Meanwhile, since this film was launched a hundred years ago, I would be really amazed if I were present during its first screening as I imagine riding a spaceship and how the moon looks like.


     I don’t actually like old films but this film had really found the way to tickle me. The way they think of how to launch a spaceship and the face of the moon may be absurd and in the same time funny for our time but are still considered bright ideas for that time. Thus, I would also enjoy it as an audience of the first screening. Living in the 1900s, this film will make me curious not just in the aspect of the astronomy but also in different areas in science and technology. I would most likely give this film’s developers two thumbs up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment