Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Trip To The Moon Reaction Paper

Living on a century after this film was first aired or screened makes everything seem so different. My judgments towards the film may be based on what my standards are when I watch a film of the same genre nowadays, or maybe I will expect to how good the movie is because I have already the knowledge how to consider a film quite good or entertaining. And I must say that this movie is quite entertaining yet it leaves a question on the viewer’s mind like “how will that work?” or “how was that supposed to be”. Also considering that it is a black and white and silent film, everything seems to be so fascinating.

But if I were living in that time, I would be really fascinated to how everything works, on how everything really looked so good. Considering that the people on those times haven’t encountered the technology we do have today, and considering that the people on that part of the 20th century, relayed everything on the “fun” the movie can bring, it just makes it so unbelievably good. Also, it would make me feel curious on how possible everything was, like right now, we are so curious about other life forms in other planets, we are fascinated by the beauty our own moon has. Why it shines in the night like that. Or how it illuminates a dark portion of our Earth.


Seeing and watching a film like this, makes me really think, that if only the people in that time had the knowledge about our technology in the present, it would've been a bigger shot way back then. And I do also think that this film did contribute to what technology we have today. It affected other people’s vision towards the many possibilities of everything outside our Earth. Truly, this film greatly affected its viewers’ minds and hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment